Nice to see that you have finally uploaded a video. Lol, jk jk. I hope you are feeling better.
I think you did a great job with your pitch. You established the significance of the importance of Survivor by showing that over 50 million viewers tuned in to watch Survivor on the season finale. You provided detailed context, however you could have expanded on what different shows Survivor beat out. I also liked how you described your methods.
You could have gone more in depth on what episodes you were going to watch, but you did a great job giving a basic outline of the codes for your content analysis. And the part where you included the research question was great! Also giving a hypothesis made you look more credible.
As a speaker you were confident in your delivery, which made you engaging, credible, and convincing. Overall, I think you did a great job! I hope you feel well soon!
Catherine! Great job! I agree with Gursajan on the fact that your delivery was well executed and well said.
Furthermore, I was very informed by the context and background in your video which made it easier for me to be on board with your project. Your significance, however, could have used a little bit more elaboration -- especially when you talked about how it shows our need for instant gratification and reflects our consumer mentality. These are very compelling points and I wish you could have talked more about them but I understand that you only had 3 minutes.
Also, I liked your methods so far but just make sure to explicitly state how you're going to make your method as objective as possible so that others may be able to replicate your experiment.
All in all, great job and I hope you feel better! I can't wait to see what you come up with.
Catherine -- your video was totally coherent despite your potentially altered state of mind. I think that you clearly articulated what you'll be doing and what your hypothesis is -- but I would like to see the "formulaic" part a bit more emphasized in the literature review portion to show from where your hypothesis was born -- I think that'll help you articulate the significance of your research more easily. Overall, though, I thought it was a well-informed explanation of what you'll being doing and why.
according to gursajan it isnt working so i am going to upload it to vimeo
ReplyDeleteI think it is working now
DeleteNice to see that you have finally uploaded a video. Lol, jk jk. I hope you are feeling better.
ReplyDeleteI think you did a great job with your pitch. You established the significance of the importance of Survivor by showing that over 50 million viewers tuned in to watch Survivor on the season finale. You provided detailed context, however you could have expanded on what different shows Survivor beat out. I also liked how you described your methods.
You could have gone more in depth on what episodes you were going to watch, but you did a great job giving a basic outline of the codes for your content analysis. And the part where you included the research question was great! Also giving a hypothesis made you look more credible.
As a speaker you were confident in your delivery, which made you engaging, credible, and convincing. Overall, I think you did a great job! I hope you feel well soon!
Catherine! Great job! I agree with Gursajan on the fact that your delivery was well executed and well said.
ReplyDeleteFurthermore, I was very informed by the context and background in your video which made it easier for me to be on board with your project. Your significance, however, could have used a little bit more elaboration -- especially when you talked about how it shows our need for instant gratification and reflects our consumer mentality. These are very compelling points and I wish you could have talked more about them but I understand that you only had 3 minutes.
Also, I liked your methods so far but just make sure to explicitly state how you're going to make your method as objective as possible so that others may be able to replicate your experiment.
All in all, great job and I hope you feel better! I can't wait to see what you come up with.
Catherine -- your video was totally coherent despite your potentially altered state of mind. I think that you clearly articulated what you'll be doing and what your hypothesis is -- but I would like to see the "formulaic" part a bit more emphasized in the literature review portion to show from where your hypothesis was born -- I think that'll help you articulate the significance of your research more easily. Overall, though, I thought it was a well-informed explanation of what you'll being doing and why.
ReplyDelete